• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need an answer quickly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blair

Last week Tuesday,I was offer a temp to perm high level position starting on Monday 10/9/00 which I accepted. I went through all the necessary paperwork, orientation about the company, orientation about their phone system, finger printing, drug testing etc. I even received my picture ID. On Friday afternoon, I received a call from my recruiter telling me that I no longer have this job because they hired an internal full time employee. Whah! I didn't even start the job. Instead of starting work tomorrow, I am having to look for some serious work as I have incurred expenses on my charge card for cloths, etc. to start this job. My questions is; Is this some kind of breach of promise? Do I have a case here, or I am just out of luck? This is totally unfair, unethical, not professional at all for a very large well known company. Your advice would be appreciated.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You should sue them for wages for all the time spent on your orientation, etc and sue for DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE -- you relied to your detriment when they said you had the job and therefore did not look for other jobs and spent all that time with drug testing, phone orientation, etc.

Seek an employment labor law attorney in your state. Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">