• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phildawn6

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I worked for a waste management company for almost 5 years. I was the lead supervisior on the 2nd shift. I went to work on a thursday was handed my check and was told my services were no longer needed. I understand they can do this legally. Here is my questions. On wednesday the company was taken to court for a racial discrimination lawsuit. One of my workers was involved in what happened, I wrote him up for his only that I knew of infraction that he did. I was also called on wednesday by my boss who asked me questions not knowing that I was interviewing with the company lawyers. The question(s) where, was there a sign that said keep the lids shut to keep the racoons out?---yes there was on the worker"s personal locker, how long was it up?---Not sure didn't pay attention to it, finally how long has this worker worked for us?----I believe since march or april. I now have a racist title for being fired/laid off is there anything I can do about that?? (I believe I was fired with no re-hire but they told the unemployment office I was laid off due to lack of work and I only had be written up maybe once for a forklift acciden't 3 or 4 years prior)

I had at least 2 days of vacation time built up should I be paid these? Not what the handbook said on this.

Also I worked alot of overtime for this company and was paid straight time and I was a non-exempt employee I haven't keep alot of my pay stubs. Since there is no way to prove most of my overtime is there still a case?

Thanks for your time and help

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am completely at a loss to understand how you now have a "racist title" and what you think that will mean to you.

Kansas law only requires your employer to pay for unused vacation time at termination if there is a policy of paying such time.

You do not have to prove what hours you work; your employer has to prove that you didn't work the hours you say you worked. So yes, you can still file a claim for unpaid overtime. The question may arise as to why you were unconcerned about this until after you were fired.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">