• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Background Info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cp10216

What is the name of your state? Nevada

My son was fired form his job yesterday after a background investigation came back from an independent company. He works for a temp company and he was on an assignment with company #2 and they were going to hire him fulltime.

The background investigation stated he had been arrested and jailed for 4 years for possesion and sale of narcotics. He was called in to their office and fire immediately. He was told that they matched social security, name and date of birth and all 3 matched perfectly.

They immediately called his temp company who also fired him. I called the temp company and asked if we could bring down his DD214 and prove he just got out of the military he couldnt have served 4 years and he just had a background investigaition done 1 year ago and it was perfect.

When we got there she stated the independent background company doesnt make mistakes they run your #SSN and it matched she advised us to go to the police dept and court house.

Both of which we did. My son has a clear background we got a copy based on his SSN . At the court house based on his name, first, middle and last a young man was arrested and jailed for 4 years for sale and possesion of narcotics. We printed everything out. Their #SSN numbers dont match nor do their bithdates or descriptions. We called his temp company and she ran her own background check and he came up clean.

But the background invetigation company is insisting they ran his #SSN number and thats how they came up with this information even after we talked with them, we gave them case numbers and they matched their case numbers, which means they only used his name and not #SSN to do a background check.

The temp company was told by company 2 he admitted in front of them when he was fired that he was busted, they caught him, none of which he said. The HR rep made up a big story like she had caught a huge convict. He works in accounting so you have to have a clean record.

I doubt even after they look at his paperwork and the new background investigation they will rehire him since she was so loud about why he was fired. The temp agency didnt want to talk with him at first because of what she said. They send alot of people to this company.

My question is can we hold the background company that investigated him repsonsible for giving incorrect information? When they didnt use proper care. The other person with the same name was released from prison March 2004 and was killed May 2004. What they did to him is illegal isn't it. You cant just run a person's name and give false information..especially when their info other then names dont match at all.

Here in Nevada you can go online and pull up records without #ssn and you can see when a person was arrested, jailed, etc with just their name. And I am sure thats what they did.

My son tried calling the background investigation company they were rude and said until you have the report you can't disagree with it. And we have 5-10 business days to send it to you. When he tried to explain about the mistake, the lady said the case numbers match , we have lawyers who check this out, this discussion is over.

Can we do anything to the background investigation company so 1st they never do this to another person, 2nd so they admit they were wrong and send a clean report. 3rd make up for the lost pay he will lose until he finds another job due to their negligence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">