• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help quick! No-Compete contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fustin

I've worked at a advertising design agency for 5 years now. I signed a no-conpete contract when I started that says I won't work for any other design firms or advertising agencies while I'm employed there, and for 1 year afterwards. I've been faithful for 5 years but then I took a job teaching a Photoshop (software used by designers) class at the local community college. The class is only on Saturdays and doesn't interfere with my work. My boss told me this week that I was in breech of contract and that he would talk to me next week. I'm pretty sure he's going to fire me. The question is...wouldn't teaching at a college be working for an educational institiution not a design agency? What are my rights if I do get fired for this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">