• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need to know if i was wrongfully terminatied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RENEE_PA

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?P.A.

On nov.23rd.,2005; I was terminatied from my postion for calling the police after being punched in the head by a co-worker. They said while terminating me that" it's not that I don't have the right to a safe working enviroment, but by calling the police, put our contracted with the county in jepordy, so they had to let me go". I've only worked with this company for a little over 5 months so not only do I not know if I have a case against them, I also don't even know if I am at this point eligible for unempolyment. Any advice would be greatly apriciated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'll give you a tentative maybe on this one. But we'd need considerably more information, including knowing what contract they are talking about and exactly what it says, before giving you a definite answer.

Did you report the co-worker to management or did you go directly to the police?

RENEE_PA

Response

The Manager Was In The Office When My Co-worker Struck Me, But She Did Not See It Only Saw The Mark In My Head And Face. She(my Manager) Had Also Heard Her Threaten Me Right Before She Hit Me. She Denies It Though. My Manager Had Recieved A Phone Call When My Co-worker Had Threatened Me. When My Manager Had Picked Up The Phone My Co-worker Came Over To Me And Struck Me Ect.. There Were Also Several Other Incidents Where I Had Aproched My Manager And Another Manager And Told Them That This Co-worker Was Intimadating Me, That I Was Uncomfortable, And At One Point I Had Reported That I Was Even Afraid To Talk To Her. No Writen Reports Were Ever Made And My Imediate Manager Never Adressed It, Except Telling Me The Day Before Not To Let Her Win To Be The Bigger Person, Cause At This Point I Was Expressing That I Was So Uncomfortable Workinng With Her That I May Start Seeking Out Alternate Employment If They Didn't Do Something.
The Contract That I Was Refering To Was (we Are A Contracting Pharmacy) Which Means Nursing Homes Ect. Contract Us Into There Facilities To Fill All There Prescriptions. We Had A Contract With The County Home Were I Lived. And This Event Took Place In The County Home Where We Where Contracted To. Unfortunatly I Do Not Have A Copy Of The Contract Nor Have I Ever Recieved A Chance To See It.

RENEE_PA

I Forgot To Put That Yes I Said Three Times While She Was Stiking Me And Several Times When She Was Done That I Was Calling The Police And My Manager Again Ignored What Was Going On And Said That We Had To Get Back To Work.

Miss Flatulance

Why are you capitalizing each and every word in your responses? You didn't do that in your original post, so why are you doing it now? Do you have any idea how annoying it is to read your posts?

Good luck getting more responses and answers. I won't be responding.

JETX

Yep. I passed as well. Simply too many other posts to read and respond to... to have to force myself to read this one.

Alabama Trash

RENEE_PA said:
sorry about that didn't relize. just excited to possibly get some light shed on this situation.

When you get excited, do you piss in your pants, too?

Since you haven't corrected your error, I can only conclude that you have no desire for further responses. Those punches to the head must have really screwed you up!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Renee, my suggestion to you would be that you speak with an employment attorney. You may or may not have a case for wrongful termination under the "public policy" exception to at-will employment; however, a message board will not be able to elicit the appropriate facts to determine one way or the other for certain.

Good luck.

Alabama Trash

JETX said:
So, go back and re-edit to remove them!!! DOH!!!

She can't because she's not too bright - - especially after being sucker punched. It's probably due to the fact that she's . . .

Alabama Trash

mlk1978

BelizeBreeze and Alabama Trash,

You guys are RUDE!!! People come on here to get help and/or advice not to be ridiculed. Why dont you all GROW UP!!! Alabama Trash well your name sums it up now doesn't it!?!?!? BelizeBreeze your just an all time B*&%$ aren't you!!!! Quit posting your ignorant coments! Nobody likes to read them!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Y'know, for a post that no one but me was willing to answer, it's accumulating a heck of a lot of responses...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">