• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need legal resource referral

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

azgenie

What is the name of your state? AZ
I am trying to find case law regarding unpaid wages to a salaried teacher. I recently had to leave my full-time teaching position, which I was under a twelve month work agreement. However, my employer now says they do not owe me summer compensation which falls under the twelve month agreement. They are saying they have paid me for actual days worked and do not owe me anything. However, they owe me for summer monies withheld during the school year that would have compensated me for the summer months. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Beth3

"I recently had to leave my full-time teaching position" Since the school year isn't over, aren't you actually saying that YOU ended your employment prematurely relative to the terms of your agreement, which I presume was predicated on your teaching for the entire school year which ends in May/early June?

A

azgenie

yes, I left due to pregnancy

However, this does not give them the right to withhold pay that I am entitled to, which was withheld during the months I worked. This money was withheld so that I could get paid over the summer months. Therefore, they still owe it to me. In addition to withholding this money, they are not counting paid sick, vacation, training and holidays towards my actual days worked. And they are including a Christmas bonus towards my salary. Which is illegal. I am planning to file in small claims court, but am looking for a similar case to help me in my claim. I have been unsuccessful in finding anything similary thus far. Thanks for any help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You would be much better served by showing the contract to a local attorney and getting his/her opinion on it, rather than trying to research case law on your own. Many give free or low-cost consultations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">