• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need more advice on Severage neg. term b/c of disabilty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanf

What is the name of your state? TN, Corp and previous supervisor in MA

This is further update on my husbands termination b/c of his disabilty.
He has received correspondence denying his request for renegotiation of his severance package signed by the sr. attorney of Labor and Employment.

His request has been denied again claiming "the Company based the decision to eliminate the XXX position on legitimate business reasons, namely the current and future needs of the xxx Division, and not your performance"

Nothing was stated about investigation of his "discirmination based on disabilty" . Of course the letter did not go into any specifics on what exactly the new person would be doing that differed from his previous responsibilities. They had posted the new position immidiately after his termination and based on the job posting, the position seemed to be exactly what he was doing plus he had other responsibilities. The only difference was the title. Also on the letter was a request to contact one of the HR Representatives that he is claiming he was discriminated against based on his disbility.

My questions:
Should he reply to this letter? or just wait to see what EEOC says?

If he replies, would he address his rebuttal to the person that wrote the letter or should he write his rebuttal to the HR representative that was one of the people that did not provide him accomadations needed for the position.

Also wanted to reiterate that the 2 attorneys we have spoken to previously informed him they thought it was best to wait to see what EEOC claims.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless the letter specifically asks for a reply, he should let it be.

If he does reply, he should only do so with the assistance of an attorney. I can't emphasize that strongly enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">