• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Strategy for Misdemeanor Hiring Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzParker

Expunging vs Purging 20 + old record? is purging enough?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Background**************....

TRAINING STARTED
My husband, Allan, submitted his work history and criminal background (Misdemeanor Conviction - Yes: Battery, recalled personal details were given on incident which involved a minor, but no Penal Code information was given ) and was accepted to start training.

SENT HOME
Since Allan had mentioned the word minor in his conviction details, the company's "Safety Dept" requested documentation on his misdemeanor record and he was sent home with information that he needs to expunge his record before he can resume the training. (verbal notice only)

PROOF OF LEGALLY DESTROYED COURT RECORD FAXED

In hindsight Allan gave too much information on a crime that we have found has been purged and no longer is there information on the court case.
PC 242 Battery is a crime against a non-specific aged individual - NOT A MINOR.

BECAUSE THE COURT HAS SAID NO ONE CAN FIND PROOF OF COURT DETAILS, will that be enough to convince them Allan's record is as good as expunged by being Purged? I believe the company's underlying concern is "how it would look if the company was reported as hiring people who have a record of "shaking" a youth." The only reference to this crime that shows is on his DOJ report PC 242 conviction - (no battery of a minor) in their mind, I think they believe his record may haunt the company's reputation.

AFTER sending the notice of the purged record, do you think that is enough to let him come back to the training, or is there something about expunging that must happen in addition to the Purging of the record?

We are both unemployed, and desperately need Allan to resume training. If we have to proceed with expunging, I have seen fees up to $600 that we do not have!!!!!

Thank you for ANY Insights or Advice we can use to convince this company my husband is harmless.

mzParker

Last edited:

pattytx

Thank you for using paragraphs and white space, but your post is still WAY too long. If you cut it down to just the pertinent facts, you will get more responses from the volunteers here. If we need more information, we will ask. I, for one, am not inclined to wade my way through the Great American Novel.

mzParker

Thank you for Newbie Advice

I shrunk my original post from the 17th, now titled with Expunge vs. Purge, hope it is short enough.

mzParker

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">