• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need suggestion against illeagle practice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcsdfzhang

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Jersey city, New Jersey

A IT consulting firm hire people with strong background of computers, most fresh graduate student from computer science. Feed them a little interview questions collected illeaglly by taping etc, then sell them to projects with $50/hr and up, yet pay only half to the consultant.

The most harmful way they do business is this, they put 5-10 years of strong experience in the resume so it is tough for consultant to survive. They keep the business small to save money for H1b applicaton fee. So the firing rate is high. 6 out of 7 consultant were fired as I perceive.

One case, a consultant landed a project with 10 years of fake resume and 0 years of experience. Employer emailed him that he needed to work day and night for 7 days a week to survive. Also, employer never backed him up as promised, or surposed to. So 3 months later, he got exhausted and returned by client with health problem caused by too much pressure, then laid off by consulting firm for unsatisfactory performance.

There are a lot of proof to support this case, I am asking here if it is worthy a shot.

mcsdfzhang

Also, when they recruit consultants, they never tell how they do the business. Once hired, it is difficult to break since the contract is 3 years. This is pretty much a fraud.

C

CheeseBlotto

mcsdfzhang said:
Also, when they recruit consultants, they never tell how they do the business. Once hired, it is difficult to break since the contract is 3 years. This is pretty much a fraud.
And they don't allow you to read the contract? They beat you if you start to ask questions in the interview?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And what are you considering a wrongful term? What 95% of people think is a wrongful term, isn't.

Beth3

A IT consulting firm hire people with strong background of computers, most fresh graduate student from computer science. Feed them a little interview questions collected illeaglly by taping etc, Feed them interview questions collected illegally by taping??? What in the heck are you talking about?

then sell them to projects with $50/hr and up, yet pay only half to the consultant. Yet? Of course the consulting firm is going to lease their employees out for more than the consultants are being paid. It's called needing to stay in business. If I'd made $25 an hour right out of college, I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

The most harmful way they do business is this, they put 5-10 years of strong experience in the resume so it is tough for consultant to survive. Huh?

They keep the business small to save money for H1b applicaton fee. The size of a business has nothing to do with their cost of obtaining a work visa for someone.

So the firing rate is high. 6 out of 7 consultant were fired as I perceive. Again, huh?

One case, a consultant landed a project with 10 years of fake resume and 0 years of experience. Employer emailed him that he needed to work day and night for 7 days a week to survive. Also, employer never backed him up as promised, or surposed to. So 3 months later, he got exhausted and returned by client with health problem caused by too much pressure, then laid off by consulting firm for unsatisfactory performance. So the firm is leasing out inexperienced consultants to client firms, claiming the consultants have far more experience than they really do. That's unethical but it's not illegal.

There are a lot of proof to support this case, I am asking here if it is worthy a shot. The client companies may want to take some action against the consulting firm if the firm is misrepresenting the expertise of the consultants they're sending but nothing in your post suggests any employees have any recourse. No employment laws are being violated.

If this is true, then I wouldn't expect this consulting firm to stay in business for very long. I certainly wouldn't do any repeat business with a firm that lied to me about the skills and abilities of the consultants they were sending.

Tony31

mcsdfzhang said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Jersey city, New Jersey

A IT consulting firm hire people with strong background of computers, most fresh graduate student from computer science. Feed them a little interview questions collected illeaglly by taping etc, then sell them to projects with $50/hr and up, yet pay only half to the consultant.

The most harmful way they do business is this, they put 5-10 years of strong experience in the resume so it is tough for consultant to survive. They keep the business small to save money for H1b applicaton fee. So the firing rate is high. 6 out of 7 consultant were fired as I perceive.

One case, a consultant landed a project with 10 years of fake resume and 0 years of experience. Employer emailed him that he needed to work day and night for 7 days a week to survive. Also, employer never backed him up as promised, or surposed to. So 3 months later, he got exhausted and returned by client with health problem caused by too much pressure, then laid off by consulting firm for unsatisfactory performance.

There are a lot of proof to support this case, I am asking here if it is worthy a shot.
What law has been violated, New Jersey or otherwise? At most, its a borderline Constructive Discharge issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">