• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Needing help for my mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angela13_99

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
My mother is 63 yrs old... and has been a Registered nurse for over 20 yrs now. Recently she was wrote up for an occurence which she is all innocent in. I am needing advice please...

pattytx

Generally, employees who are written up for a violation of company rules or policies have to sign the write-up acknowledging that they have been informed on the violation and when, and what the consequences of further violations could be. That would have been the best time for her to state her disagreement with the charge. However, there are no laws saying an employer is required to do this.

Did she get such an acknowledgement form?

Beth3

angela, you have provided almost no information however nothing in your post suggests the employer has acted unlawfully. If they believe she violated a work rule or some standard of care or conduct, they may discipline her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">