• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Negative Drug Test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Jarvis

Kentucky. Heres what happened: I was hired to a facility. Took the initial drug test. It came back negative-dilute, so they had me take a second one which came back negative with an increased level of creatine. They then had me take a third which came back negative-dilute like the first one. I don't take any vitamins or anything that could have caused the second test to show creatine. I do drink large amounts of Sunkist orange soda so that might cause the negative-dilute. When I called my boss as was asked of me, I was informed that the head office was raising a fuss about the second drug test and they were instructed to fire me. She told me to call back later and speak with the Administrator. When I did, he informed me that I was being let go because they had too much staff and since I was one of the newest hired, they were letting me go. I know that was a lie because they lost two employees in the past couple weeks. So I come to the conclusion that he is covering up for them letting me go because of the drug tests. I could be wrong, but I need to know my rights are and what I should do.

pattytx

Either way, this was not an illegal termination. File for unemployment and see if the employer appeals.

ecmst12

A drug test that comes back too diluted is usually treated the same as a positive test. Orange soda will not make you test diluted, power chugging water and some commercial "cleansing" products designed for pot smokers who need to pass drug tests will make you test diluted. Which is why they are usually treated as positive.

D-Jarvis

A drug test that comes back too diluted is usually treated the same as a positive test. Orange soda will not make you test diluted, power chugging water and some commercial "cleansing" products designed for pot smokers who need to pass drug tests will make you test diluted. Which is why they are usually treated as positive.
Everything I have read has said that negative-diluted are usually treated as negative. And I didn't power chug or take anything. None-the-less, the issue was with the second drug test that said something about creatine.

commentator

They've given you a gift here, take it and enjoy it. You were last on, you were first out in an economic downturn, so now you have been laid off.

No drug test issues need to be brought in. You can file for your unemployment without ever bringing up the drug testing issue. You are laid off due to lack of work. That's as good as it's going to get for you,because they don't have to give you repeated chances to pass a drug test. They could fire you even if you passed with flying colors. They don't have to have a good reason to fire you. They can do whatever they want to. And you have the right to file for unemployment, and find another job.

ecmst12

OP, if you are getting urine tests coming back too diluted when you are NOT drinking unhealthy amounts of water or taking any supplements to cleanse drugs out of your system....you need to see a doctor. Your kidneys are not doing their job properly and you could be on the verge of needing hospitalization.

D-Jarvis

OP, if you are getting urine tests coming back too diluted when you are NOT drinking unhealthy amounts of water or taking any supplements to cleanse drugs out of your system....you need to see a doctor. Your kidneys are not doing their job properly and you could be on the verge of needing hospitalization.
I appreciate your concern, my wife looked up the whole creatine thing and told me the same as what you have said. I was actually at the doctor getting multiple blood and urine tests done(for concerns of my kidneys and migraines) when I was told by my boss I was fired. I hope to find out what's going on soon.

D-Jarvis

They've given you a gift here, take it and enjoy it. You were last on, you were first out in an economic downturn, so now you have been laid off.

No drug test issues need to be brought in. You can file for your unemployment without ever bringing up the drug testing issue. You are laid off due to lack of work. That's as good as it's going to get for you,because they don't have to give you repeated chances to pass a drug test. They could fire you even if you passed with flying colors. They don't have to have a good reason to fire you. They can do whatever they want to. And you have the right to file for unemployment, and find another job.
Seems like the best advice and explanation given so far with no signs of disrespect; thank you.
So, basically they can fire me for getting a negative drug test, even though it might be because there is something wrong with my body. That just seems underhanded and wrong. I was only there for a couple weeks and had been unemployed for the past year before being employed there, so I hope I can actually get unemployment.

ecmst12

They can fire you for any reason or no reason as long as it's not specifically prohibited by law. But without willful misconduct, you will qualify for unemployment.

commentator

File immediately. It does sound as though you may not have enough wages to set up a claim. If you were in a claim, and it has been less than a year since that claim was filed, it may be that you can resume your extension. If you had some wages over a year ago, they still may be available to set up a new claim, you may have enough.

If there are insufficient wages to set up a claim and you do not have any more extensions on an old claim to draw, then all the good reasons in the world won't get you unemployment any more. The program is very strictly based on having a claim to draw from covered wages, regardless of the circumstances of your termination from work.

But in any case, find out now. File right away. You may be facing health problems in the future, it would be good to get them straightened up before kidney failure and major issues occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">