• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

never notified of termination while out on disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marieh256

What is the name of your state?NJ
I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED BY MY EMPLOYER THAT HE TERMINATED UNTIL I WAS RETURNING TO WORK. WASN'T HE SUPPOSED TO CALL OR SEND ME A NOTICE? I WAS ON TEMPORARY DISABILITY AND WHEN I LAST SPOKE TO HIM HE SAID TO LET HIM KNOW WHEN I WAS COMING BACK TO WORK AS HE NEEDED ME AND WHEN I DID CALL TO TELL HIM I WAS RETURNING HE SAID HE LET ME GO AWHILE AGO. CAN I NOW COLLECT UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please turn off the caps lock; it makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the internet.

Surprisingly enough, nothing in the law makes it mandatory than an employer notify you that you have been terminated.

SHOULD he have notified you? Of course he should. But he did not violate any laws in failing to do so.

If you have been released to work, yes, you should be eligible for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">