• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never paid for work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babillsfan

I worked for a company for 6 weeks. My first paycheck from the company bounced and the 2nd one I was given to replace the 1st also bounced. I was owed 2 more checks and the employer refuses to return my calls. I have pursued the bounced check problem through the DA's office but have been unsuccessful contacting the labor department for the two checks I never received. Any advice?

crager34

I like these

I like these cause I have had first had experience with just this type of thing. You have a claim for "goods and services sold." What I did was wright a nice letter, including all the proof that I did work for them, stating they had five (5) working days to comply and pay me, or I would see them in court. Depending upon the amount, it will probably be in small claims (which is easy to do). The hard part is getting the money, if it goes that far. Be prepared to NOT get paid for awhile, cause that's just the way it happens sometimes, but if you do get paid fast...outstanding. GOOD LUCK!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">