• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never received my FL Unemployment and have tried for 2 months to contact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lkiss9617

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My husband filed for unemployment back in October and recieved a letter from the FL Agency stating that he was elgible and the amount per week, date to start, etc.

He called on the date to claim his weeks. The money never showed up in the bank... He filed again 2 weeks later....Meanwhile, he and I were both calling, at all hours and everyday, and never able to speak to anyone. We both emailed the agency multiple times, and never have received responses.

This occurred in October, mind you. He is owed a couple thousand dollars and we need this money! We are unable to go to the office, because we moved to GA a month ago, and they office is in Tallahassahee.

Additionally, I have been trying via phone and email to change my address with them ( I was laid off, as well). I need to make sure my 1099 comes to me. But, the recording constantly says that they are "experiencing high call volumes" and " no agent is available to assist you at this time. call back at another time." Well, there is no time!

Thank you for your assistance! I even called Clark Howard but the website I was given, was not helpful. :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

I don't know what you want us to tell you. Is Clark Howard the governor?

You could try who used to be your state representative, but considering you aren't one of his/her constituents, he/she might not be as inclined to help you as if you still lived there.

Having said that, though, are you trying to tell me your husband NEVER received any correspondence regarding his claim? Confirmation, financial determination, eligibility determination, nothing? I find that rather hard to believe, unless the initial claim was lost and never processed at all.

lkiss9617

I am fumbling for resources, as well. No, Clark Howard is not the governor. He is a popular U.S. talk radio host of the nationally syndicated consumer advocate program The Clark Howard Show, which is out of Atlanta. I was hoping to get some help from some kind of government personal unemployment advocate or something.

The only word from FL came after he filed for unemployment, following his lay off. A week later, he received a letter confirming that he was elgible and the date he needed to claim his first 2 weeks on, etc. He filed his claim for the 2 weeks on the date referenced. I receive unemployment, as I got the pleasure of being laid off, too, and it goes into my account via automatic deposit. Every other week, I file on Monday, and the money is deposited in my bank account the following Thursday. His money never went in. And we filed at least 2 more times, after, and could still be filing.

We are unable to contact the Florida Agency for Workplace Innovation folks. We have exausted our resources and searched far and wide to find a way to get through. It's so frustering, also because, I have been unable to change my address. In order to do, I must speak to one of their customer service representatives.....riiiight. I don't think anyone actually is in the office. I called today and the recording said they were experiencing higher than normal call volumes, as it always says, and then the following statement was that it was a holiday, so no one was available. Ha!

Beth3

How unbelievably aggravating. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't know that any responders here know how to kick Florida's DOL in the behind. :(

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Must not have too many syndicates up north because I'd never heard of him either.

It's a shame but FL has rather a reputation for poor management.

pattytx

Did he also sign up for direct deposit? Is it possible the account number was entered incorrectly? Can he verify that online? In PA, there is a benefit payment history online.

patris

Ditto

I am experiencing the same problem. My husband was laid off December 5th. Applied immediately for uemployment, was approved and has been claiming weeks. It has been 2 months of phone calls that end without even talking to a rep.

Did you ever resolve your claim? Any advice?

Thank you, Iris

Montichello

Same problem

I have tried to reopen an existing claim after picking up some contract work for 4 months. I had put the claim in a month ago and recieved my amount available for compensation and what my weekly payment is. I was told to set up a new PIN number and start to claim my weeks. After claiming my first 2 weeks (that I never received) I was unable to contact them via phone, so I sent an e-mail. I received a replay back a week later saying that it was still under review and to continue claiming my weeks and I will receive information in the mail. It has been 3 weeks since that e-mail, and have noit received anythign in the mail, I cannot contact them by phone, no reply to my e-mails. I wen to the local office and was told to keep trying to contact them via e-mail and I will get a reply. Now this os reopening an existing claim that I had previously been approved for and nothing. They make it impossible to contact anybody and give you NO information of what is going on.

Magick407

Determination letter - misleading information

I found this thread while looking to see if anyone else had faced the same situation I have with FL unemployment compensation. I filed a claim in January and received a determination letter in late February stating that benefits were payable. I waited three weeks for benefit payments that never came, could never get through on their telephone line and wasn't going to spend all day trying to call them. After all, I am spending my time finding a job. After a week of trying to get through on the phone I emailed them at the website email address, which said to expect to wait at least five business days for a response. I sent a second email after two weeks had passed and finally got a response yesterday, April 1st. I was told my benefits were denied and that my 20 days to file an appeal had passed. In explaining that I was told I was going to receive benefits and therefore had no reason to file an appeal I was told I could request to reopen my case or request a late appeal and that I should have received two determination letters mailed out simultaneously, one that said I qualified for benefits and one that said I didn't, and I never received this second letter. I emailed back asking why they would do this and got a curt reply telling me I needed to call the telephone number that I can't get through on for more information.

If you do get a determination letter stating your benefits are payable, DO NOT take it for granted that you will receive benefit payment. I am in a huge mess now because I believed, based on the determination letter, that I would receive benefits. I had a contingency plan in the event benefits were denied that is no longer availble to me. They are sending out misleading information, leading you to believe you qualify for and will receive benefits even if you were ruled ineligible. Keep trying to contact them in any way you can until you actually receive benefit payments. I am talking to a lawyer regarding my rights in this situation since the only communication I received from the unemployment compensation office was a misrepresentation of the status of my claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">