• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New college grad-Employment contract not honored.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cougar01

Washington State. During my last year in college I signed an employment contract stating that I would receive a specified base salary (amount was stated in contract) and would start by a specified date or earlier. Approximately a month before my start date I received a call stating that my start date would be pushed back for 6 months due to company problems. Again, they called me about 2 months before my pushed back start date and said they were going to have to push my start date back again an additional 6 months. This results in my start date being pushed back for a total of 1 year. They also informed me at this time that they are reducing my base salary due to the market and pay rates of other individuals in the same industry. I gave up other opportunities with other companies to take this position and now that the job market has severly declined the other companies I could have worked for have no positions available. I really want this job even if I do have to wait, but I am very unhappy about the decline in base salary. I have also saved all contracts from them. Is there anything I can do?

racer72

Read your original contract. I would be willing to guess that they have language that allows them the latitude they are using at this time. Heard this today too. How do you get a WSU grad off your front porch? Pay for your pizza. Sorry about the joke but I am a part time UW student.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">