• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new company taking over contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JLoftin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I work for a company that has a contract on a Federal Detention Facility. This company gave me a 30 day unpaid suspension for alleged racial slurs. Meanwhile, a new company is due to take over the contract as of November 1st. This company chose to retain the current Project Manager that handed out the discipline action. Can the new company chose not to accept my application that was turned in before this incident or can they later terminate me based on discipline meted out from previous company? Does everything that occured with outgoing company leave with them or does your file go to the new company.

JETX

Can the new company chose not to accept my application that was turned in before this incident or can they later terminate me based on discipline meted out from previous company?
There is NO obligation for the new company to consider or even to hire you, disciplinary action or not.

Does everything that occured with outgoing company leave with them or does your file go to the new company.
Depends on whether the incoming company asks for the files and if the outgoing company provides them.
You can be assured that any negative comments on you will likely get to the incoming company. I wouldn't rely on 'hiding out'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">