• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Hire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NC
I'm stressed out. I just got a great opportunity for a good job and landed it! After, they said they would be doing a background check. I just found out I have a federal warrant out for the state for Florida (I know someone with privilaged information). Will doing a background check in NC show the warrant (Federal) in FL? If so, can they reverse my hiring and stop the orientation based on the warrant and the fact I haven't been charged or proven guilty of anything? Need to know asap...this job could dramatically change my life and I do not want to loose my chance.

ENASNI

umm

ya don't wan't to make things right and face the warrant..
Sure.. come on over and fill out an application for my office.. I will hire ya no prob... ya got a gun.. ya got any drugs for sale... heck you got little girls on the side... you are in! Maybe you want my ss# and my CC cards for some kind of reason... whatever I trust ya... :eek:

this post was not helpful

I never said I was not facing the warrant, actually I got lucky finding out I had it in the first place. Of course I'm looking for legal conciltation to take care of it. The question is: Do I withdrawl my application and submit it "after" I fight the charges, or Do I go for the job first since time is of importance and I was pretty much hired pending the background check (which is clean). Please do not post replies that are not helpful, guns?, drugs?, what are you talking about? You do not know the charges, I did not say, personally it is none of your business. How do you know I am guilty? You posting a reply like that is ignorant. Also, everyone makes mistakes and I seriously doubt they all reflect your job qualifications. Can someone with some sense and preferably knowledge on the subject offer insight?

Last edited:
furthermore

...so much for innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Your ignorance is a perfect example why most laws concerning privileged information were created in the first place.

Last edited:

Beth3

Nobody can tell you whether the warrant will show up when the employer does a background check since we have no idea what kind of background check will be conducted and how thorough it will be. "Background check" can cover everything from simply contacting your references up to a full-blown investigation using private investigators.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Florida's laws on how an arrest or a conviction can affect employment are fairly situation specific in that they affect some jobs but not others. So there really isn't any way for us to tell if they can legally rescind the offer on the basis of the fact that the warrant exists.

IF they asked you any questions either on the application or in the interview which would have revealed the warrant, they CAN rescind the offer if they believe you knew about the warrant and lied about it. Note that I'm not saying you did; I'm saying if they believe you did.

Enasni

Sorry I was so harsh, but I was really offended. Thank you for all the advice. Any particular reason why you hope it's not in sales? Are you in sales or something? :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">