• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new hire paperwork

• Thread starter angelicadkny2000
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelicadkny2000

I received new hire paperwork from a company based in New York. The job is in Missouri. The comapny is an outsource co. There are many stipulations regarding leaving co. One being that you cannot be hired by a customer-penalty is a fine based on salry to be paid by customer. For a period of 6 months after termination, employee will not accept employment to a competitor within 100 mi raduis. If the employee breaches agreement, employee shall be liable for any/all attorney's fees/costs incurred by employer in enforcing provisions of agreement.

How strict can an agreement of this sort be held to? If this type of job is all that I am able to do, I am only able to work for a competitor ourside the 100 mi radius? Do this mean that I could not be employed for 6 months in the capacity that I am able to work?

Please advise!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">