• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Job-old contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alexze816

What is the name of your state? FL

I have been with my new firm for a few weeks. My boss was promoted to President, so I took over his role. They had an external ad man doing all the advert/ mktg. I was brought in to do the work and defray the huge costs the former contractor was doing. Last month we were billed $600 for nonexistant phone calls. Every publisher I called 6 maintained they have not heard from the man, our insertions were always late and they were glad I was doing the job. On thursday he invoiced us for an hour and an half to a publication that I sent the ad to. I sent an e-mail to the publisher and they claimed in writing after talking to all 6 people handling the account that the man has had no contact in months. He and my boss are golf buddies, and helped them sell the co. We had a meting yesterday and when I asked about the call he went into this diatribe about the call who he talked with etc. My problem I will not sign off on this invoice, left with my boss and let him deal with. We are publicly held, not family owned anymore and friendship is not always a basis for good working relationship. If I signed, my boss could come back and hang me with it. If I don't am I perceived as a trouble maker who can't play in the sand box. I will not in good conscience sign it. Do I go after the ad man, you lied in writing etc. Thanks!

K

krispenstpeter

Aside from the fact that you asked not one legal question, this boils down to a personal decision only you can make.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">