• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Sheriff cleaning house.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Blueshark

In the state of Ohio, can a newly elected sheriff take office and fire whom ever he wants regardless of that deputies record? What can be done if the sheriff has been heard saying he is getting rid of all the old blood and getting younger officers? Also he has said he will get rid of anyone who didn't back him in the election.

W

wowie

I am not an attorney. . .

You know, that is a good question. . . I know that's not what you wanted to hear. But the police force is similar to the military, you operate on contracts, right? I guess if he was persitent he could just not renew your contracts as they came up for renewal. Truth is, I don't know. I just wanted to reply because I am from Ohio too. I hope this is not Montgomery County that you are speaking of. It would just kill me to hear that since Gary Haines has only been gone for a few months.

Anyway, I hope you get a useful post to your question:) I think that I would ask the personnel dept there or call the county courthouse.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">