• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Newly pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katsmith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I just recently moved to Georgia and started a new job 7 weeks ago. I just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am classified as a high risk pregnancy and have already been out thinking I was sick for 3 days last week without a dr's note and 2 days this week after a visit to the ER that I have a note for. I have 3 appointments now this week and next week and I called and spoke with my boss. She said she was going to check with some of the other managers and call me back before the end of the day today, she still has not called back. I am very worried they are going to terminate me for this. Would I be eligable for unemployment benefits even though we were told do not miss work for the first 90 days and I have now missed alot of work? They have told me repeatedly I am a great employee, the best one out of my training group, always on time, the only issue now is my attendance due to a documented medical condition.

Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In order to qualify for UI, you have to be able to work, actively looking for work, and available to accept work if offered.

katsmith

In order to qualify for UI, you have to be able to work, actively looking for work, and available to accept work if offered.
I am aware of that. I can work, I just have missed time because of appointments and such.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then you know as much as I do. Only the state can tell you whether any specific employee will get unemployment benefits under any given circumstances. It depends on far too many variable factors for anyone here to do anything more than guess.

ecmst12

If you've only worked for 7 weeks in that state, you haven't accumulated enough pay to qualify. I don't know if you'd need to file in your old state or how exactly that would work.

pattytx

However, you would have to file in your old state anyway, because of exactly the fact that ecmst12 pointed out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">