• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No hire after offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

6shutr

I was offered a position at a fortune 500 company (to remain nameless). The offer was recended they sent me a copy of that background/credit report and it said at first that I did not receive my degree at the specified time which was Dec99. It then said below that I graduated in 2000, I finished all my classes in Dec99 on the application it did not specify it wanted the date of graduation. They used the credit report as the reason for recending the offer. I also suspect that there may have been other reasons for the recendence of the offer but cant proove it. Do I have any legal recourse or should I just pucker up to the HR Coordinator and see if they'll give me another look since its been a year since then?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">