• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Job as promised?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poww_05

What is the name of your state?IN

Good evening.
My dilemma is the following...
Last November, I was laid off from a employer where I had worked for 4 days short of 19 years. I had worked a variety of positions for this company on a basis of anywhere from 20-35 hours per week. At the time of the layoff, I was told by one of the owners, that it would be on a temporary basis. He also asked if I would be willing to return to the branch location on what he calls 'Mommy Hours', and that this would involve taking over the branch, as they were planning on putting the current branch manager into sales.
In March, I received a call asking me if I was still willing to do this. I told them most definately. The initial date was set at June, then it became August, and finally I'm told in August that the branch manger was leaving and I would be brought back in, in the middle of September. Last Tuesday, I find out very much by accident, that the sales manager's wife has been brought into the branch, and is being trained for MY position. I have still not be informed of any changes. I cannot get a response from anyone at this company concerning this.
My question is...do I have any kind of recourse with this company. It seemed to me that this is a verbal contract, that they have broken. Now they're not even of good enough morals to make a phone call to me, or even answer any emails or phone messages that I have left.
Thank you.

Beth3

do I have any kind of recourse with this company Highly unlikely.

It seemed to me that this is a verbal contract, that they have broken. It is extremely unlikely that anything they said constituted a verbal contract.
Specific terms were never set.

Now they're not even of good enough morals to make a phone call to me, or even answer any emails or phone messages that I have left. Yes, it's certainly lousy that they haven't had the courtesy to tell you their plans changed.

Again, it's extremely unlikely you have any recourse here. I suggest you focus your efforts on finding another part-time position if you desire to return to the workforce. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">