• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no notification of termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kwikfingaz

What is the name of your state? California
Hello, and thanks in advance for your help. I worked as a substitute teacher for special education at a school district in Southern California. Every day I recieved a phone call if I was to be working or not. Starting on May 31st, I stopped recieving calls for work. After two weeks waiting for a call, I decided to call the district and find out what had happened. The secretary informed me that I had been taken off of the sub. list by the director of the special education department. I requested an appointment to talk to her about her reason for taking me off the list, but a week later, I still had not recieved a call. This time I went to the district office in person and asked to see the department head and the superintendent of human resources. When I went to the meeting two days later, the department head wasn't there, and the superintendent quickly informed me that had been terminated because he had talked to someone who said that they were uncomfortable with me working with the children. I had been requested many times by teachers at various schools because of my good work, so I didn't understand this complaint. But the problem that I really have is that I was terminated without any sort of notification, neither in speaking or in writing. The only reason I found out that I was terminated was because I went to them multiple times to find out what was going on. are they allowed to terminate me without any notice? Sorry about the length of the post, and thanks again!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Surprisingly enough, this is quite legal. I find it as strange as you do, but nothing in the law requires that you receive notice that you are being terminated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">