• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No overtime & timecard tampering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JimmyG

The owner I work for does not pay overtime or give paid days off whenever someone accumulates 8 hours overtime. He is also known for clocking out his employees early and without their knowledge. He even "took off" hours on my time card by paying me for half of what I worked that week. We also had a mandatory two day training session a couple of months ago and have yet to be paid for it. Of course I don't have any evidence of his tampering with the timecards (other than my paycheck stubs) because he either destroys them or takes them off of the workplace. So what should I do about the no overtime and our not getting paid for our paid training? I've heard that I could put a lien on his business. But if that means the business will be closed I don't want to put the other employees out of work for a couple of days. Or do I just report him to the Texas Department of Labor?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your best bet is the DOL. They have access to information you would not be able to get on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">