• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No pay check at time of termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

holyspice18

:mad: :confused: What is the name of your state? Ca
I was let go, I think for being pregnangt. But what bothered me the most is, they didn't give me my pay check on the day they let me go. I know there is a law somewhere, because I've been on the other end waiting to let someone go until we got their check, I just don't know where to find the law and how to confront my employer about it. Please Help!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

holyspice18 said:
:mad: :confused: What is the name of your state? Ca
I was let go, I think for being pregnangt. But what bothered me the most is, they didn't give me my pay check on the day they let me go. I know there is a law somewhere, because I've been on the other end waiting to let someone go until we got their check, I just don't know where to find the law and how to confront my employer about it. Please Help!

My response:

Final Paychecks
State law controls how soon your final paycheck must be given to you if you are fired or quit work. If you're fired, you have the right to get your final paycheck immediately -- with some special exceptions for employees of the movie, petroleum, and farming industries. If you quit, you are entitled to your paycheck within 72 hours, or immediately if you've given 72 hours' notice. (Lab. Code §§ 201 and 202.)

Some counties, cities, and towns have passed their own wage laws. Check with the law department of the county or municipality in which you work.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">