• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Payment on Consultant work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need2bepaid

I started working on a contract for a major company through a consulating company in July. My first invoice was August 30, 2000. It is now 46 days, and still I have not been paid. I have put close to $2,500 on my credit card, as well as approximately another $500 in petty cash for travel for the contract, and supplies. The large company that I am working for told me that the check was cut on the 10th of October, wich was still 10 days late, and they are unaware of why it has not arrived yet. The large company currently owes me approximately $15,000, counting my second invoice. Do I have any recourse against them? Money is real tight right now, because this is my first job after receiving my M.A.

Need2bepaid

H

hannah jo

You never say what the terms of the contract were in reference to time for payment. This would govern the time period in which you should expect payment. If the "wait" exceeded the contractual agreement, you can sue for enforcement (which will cost legal fees, of course). If nto time was eet - you may have a wait on your hands - independent contractors report waits of 3-6 months for payment in many cases.
Was your payment contingent on the large company paying the consulting company - or was the consulting company to pay you timely and then worry about collecting from the large company? If these issues were not addressed originally - perhaps you may want to address them before you do further work!

------------------
Please note that these comments do not constitute legal advice. It is always recommended that you consult with a local attorney, who can explore all the facts and issues of your specific situation and then advise you of any legal rights and remedies you may have under the current laws of your jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">