• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No proof to fire me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JorgeM

Hello,

I would like some legal advice on the following subject.

In December I went to pick up my check at the store I work at, at the same time my roommate who lives with me paid my with a money order. When I went to the store customer service to cash both checks, the cashier said he didn't have enough cash to pay both checks. I asked if he could pay the money order which was the least amount of money and he said yes and returned my paycheck to me. Then the cashier call a front end manager to bring more money, because he didn't have enough. The cashier cashed my money order and the next day when I came to work the bookkeeper asked me if I got my check and I said yes. Then she asked me where I cashed it. I said I deposited the check in my account. Then she asked my why I didn't cash it at the store. So I explained that the cashier said he didn't have enough money. The manager was called and he said there were more employees who witnessed me cashing my check. So I expained that the check I cashed was the money order that I received for rent. Then the manager said he would check the video that points to the cashier all the time. And I said that was fine. Then I felt there was nothing to worry about. But the manager suspended me until further investigation. After calling him for a week for a respons on the situation he said I was fired based on the statements that the other employees wrote, stating that they saw me cash the check and they were short exactlly the amount of my check. I understand this may not be a case of discrimination but if someone should be responsible for the cash lost should have been the cashier and that cashier who lost the money is still working.
If anyone can guide me as to what I should do I would appreciate it greatly.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unfortunately, they do not need proof to fire you. Suspicion is sufficient justification, and in 49 out of 50 states, justification is not required. They can fire you or you can quit for any reason that is not discriminatory.

JETX

The first thing you can do is to NOT 'piggy-back' your message on someone elses thread. By doing this, you have diverted everyone from HIS message to answering yours. Why not DELETE your message so that the original poster can get an answer, and repost your OWN message???

JETX

Click on EDIT. Then, when the edit window opens up, there will be a checkbox at the top left for your to mark. Then, go to the right and you should find a box for you to click.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">