• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No verdict yet but need some advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Undrsiege

What is the name of your state? Texas

Ok here is the situation. I am a independent distributor where we have a contract to provide merchandise to local stores.. walmart etc.

Between the dates of 12/5 to 1/5 the company claims i oversold more than 6,000 worth of product over what the has distributed to me. This was a hectic time where we where recieveing more than double loads some time and they very easliy could have not charged me a invoice. But here is the real issue the gave me a letter that said i was in violation of law for overcharging my customers and i had 48 hours to comply. What is funny is that the head of the company did not sign the letter he made my superviosr sign it. Was this possibly to limit his liablity if the facts where proven false. I have since returned to every one of my stores and had them fill out an document that states the recieved everything and that i was giving them excellent customer service. I haven't heard what there verdict on this matter is. They also cannont produce any invoice b4 12/5 so if i wasnt correctly charged on the week b4 and some merchandise was carried forward they cannont produce it, they seem to want my invoices. Also the company in our contract states you cannot sue them only go thru arbitration. Does the also protect them individualy from being sued individualy for the theft accusation printed in paper form?

Thanks

JETX

Undrsiege said:
Ok here is the situation. I am a independent distributor where we have a contract to provide merchandise to local stores.. walmart etc.

Between the dates of 12/5 to 1/5 the company claims i oversold more than 6,000 worth of product over what the has distributed to me. This was a hectic time where we where recieveing more than double loads some time and they very easliy could have not charged me a invoice. But here is the real issue the gave me a letter that said i was in violation of law for overcharging my customers and i had 48 hours to comply. What is funny is that the head of the company did not sign the letter he made my superviosr sign it. Was this possibly to limit his liablity if the facts where proven false. I have since returned to every one of my stores and had them fill out an document that states the recieved everything and that i was giving them excellent customer service. I haven't heard what there verdict on this matter is. They also cannont produce any invoice b4 12/5 so if i wasnt correctly charged on the week b4 and some merchandise was carried forward they cannont produce it, they seem to want my invoices. Also the company in our contract states you cannot sue them only go thru arbitration. Does the also protect them individualy from being sued individualy for the theft accusation printed in paper form?

Thanks
HUH??? Do you want to try again, in English this time.... with enough information for us to figure out what you are REALLY asking.... and what the facts are??

If your only real question is 'can they do that?', then you need to read your distributor agreement to see what they can and cannot do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">