• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chamilton

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I was hired as an independant contractor for a garage-building company as a sales rep., as well as overseer of the building. The home office of the company is in Tennessee. There is a non-compete clause in my contract with them. It states that I may agree not to compete directly or indirectly with them for a period of 18 months after my termination.
I was offered a job by the lumber company that I used for building the garages. They want me to come to work for them in sales. I would be selling lumber to contractors in my area. Can the contract with this garage building company keep me from taking this position with the lumber company?

Beth3

(1) Nobody here has read the contract you signed, and (2) the answer depends upon the exact wording of the agreement AND your State's relevant case law.

You need to consult local counsel and show them the document in question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">