• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ticketmobster

Florida
I am a IT contractor - I signed a non-compete agreeement with a recruiting agency in regards to a position with a local employer (states that I am locked in to working solely through that recruiter with that employer). Day after signing, I decided that it wasnt a mutually good relationship so I declined the contract and offer to work through that recruiter.

Now another agency has contacted me that the employer really wants me. Am I legally bound to that contract, even though I never started working at the employer??? I need help quickly.

BelizeBreeze

You need to inform the new contracting agency about your non-compete and let them contact the first agency. Usually, what happens in these circumstances is a fee-sharing arrangement.

However, yes, you are bound to the first agency and rightfully so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">