• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-compete?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dnell

Earlier this year I was employed by Perot Systems, who is contracted by Volkswagen of America to handle their customer complaint line. I was not happy with the position and sought interest in VW. I had two interviews and was offered a position with VW. When I explained to my supervisors that I would be working for our client, they stated I could not accept the position because of a contract between the two companies. I was not allowed to see this contract and I never signed a non-compete agreement. Is this a non-compete issue or something totally different? What are my rights in the state of Michigan?

crager34

no worries

If you did not sign a "non-compete" (which are barely enforcable anyway) and there is nothing in a Employee Handbook....you have a "right-to-work_ which is guarenteed by the U.S. Constitution. Be nice and ask them to show you this "contract" that they say you are bound by. I'll bet they can't.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">