• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Compete

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spav

Hi,

I joined my employer back in 2004 and I work as a contractor at Employer's client(s). At that time it was verbally agreed that I can join the client and they even provided a letter giving permission in advance to join the client. I asked them to give me a release letter again to join current client I am working at and they refused. They are saying that we have a non-compete agreement as per the employee agreement. Does non-compete apply in my case as they gave me a release letter in the past? How this can be resolved? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

What is the name of your state? VA

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since we can't read either the non-compete or the release from here, we have no idea.

You will need to take both documents, plus any supporting documentation, to a local attorney for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">