• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-compete agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blurry

I am interested in receiving some guidance in relation to a non-compete agreement I felt coerced into signing from my employer here in Seattle, Washington. I accepted a sales position five years ago with this company, and at the time I accepted the position I lived in Los Angeles, California. Not ever hearing of any requirement to sign a non-compete agreement, I quit my previous job, packed up all my belongings, and moved to Washington State to start my new job. On my second day of employment, a non-compete agreement was presented to me as a ‘required’ condition of my employment. Having left everything I knew behind, and moving my entire life up to Washington, I signed it feeling that I really had no alternative. The agreement is pretty standard, but hinders me from calling on the ‘company’ accounts that ‘I’ have cultivated for a period of two-years! In addition, the agreement also has ‘no’ geographical boundaries defined.

Needless to say, the company atmosphere is not what I wanted and I desperately want to move on, but feel that I’ve been trapped into this job and have no way of utilizing the relationships that I’ve developed over the last five years. Do I have to throw that all away to get out from under this? Do I really have to start ‘all’ over? Thank you for your help.

blurry
[email protected]

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Only an attorney in your state who has read the agreement you signed can advise you as to its enforceability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">