• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-compete agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancie K

I recently turned in my two-weeks notice/resignation and will be starting another job shortly (in Ohio). Some friends asked me about my new job & even for the fax number to send a resume. Somewhere along the line, it was stated to the Human Resources departement that I was "soliciting" other employees to seek employment with the company I am going to. The HR director tells me if she can find "more than one person" who corroborates this allegation, they can take legal action against me as all employees sign a non-compete agreement upon hire (which I did sign). At my new job, I am in no position to hire anyone nor influence the hiring of anyone...I'll simply be another "staff member." Is there any legal breach on my part by sharing information about my new job with others? What "legal action" can my current (soon to be "former") employer take?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">