• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non compete agreement, Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

want2work

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I signed a non compete agreement with a former employer as a sales rep. It states not to work for a competitor for 1 year or 50 miles from location. When I signed it, my manager told me not to worry about it and that he had one too but if push came to shove to always just provide a living for my family. It has been 6 months since leaving that job and would like to go to work as a manager for a competitor 30 miles away. I am not selling anymore, left on good terms and would not do anything to steal their customers or employees. Can they stop me from taking this new job?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
We can't possibly know the answer to that. Neither can anyone else who has not read your non-compete agreement in full.

You will have to show the agreement to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">