• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Compete Agreements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KASS05

What is the name of your state? OHIO

My former employer has empolyees sign a non compete agreement. I have recently heard that their non compete agreement may be illegal the way it is written. Can a class action suit be filled against this company to make them change their non compete agreement?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Uh, don't you think it might be more important to find out if it's actually an unenforceable agreement before you start talking class action lawsuits?

You're a long, long, LONG way from filing any lawsuits, class action or otherwise. Show the agreement to a local attorney. That's the first step.

KASS05

Well, this company is actually in the process of trying to sue the company I am currently working for and the attorney working on it says that the non- compete would NOT be enforceable under Ohio law.

I haven't personally talked with our company's lawyer nor do I have any background in law. Which is why I'm writting on this forum to find out if a class action suit or any type of suit is even possible. I wasn't planning on filing tomorrow.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's quite unlikely that a class action suit will be necessary. IF the agreement is found to be unenforceable, the company will not be able to enforce it. No lawsuit requiring them to change it will be required.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">