• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Compete clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jerry stevens

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I want to know how enforceable is this non compete clause. I got laid off a few months ago. I work as a contractor and the contracting company I was working through went through another contracting company to get me this work. Now the work place is asking me to come back, but I wanted to switch contracting companies. However there is a non compete in their policy.

4. Noncompete. Employee agrees that during the period of one (1) year following the termination of employment for any reason, Employee will not engage in directly or indirectly, whether as an employee, officer, director, independent contractor, consultant, partner or otherwise, or assist others to engage in, or have an interest in, any business of any client or customer, or potential client or customer, of Company B to which Employee had previously provided presentations, proposals, actual or other services, whether directly or indirectly, during the two (2) year period preceding termination of employment.

Thanks for the help,

J

ecmst12

You will have to show the contract to a local attorney. No one can comment on a contract they have not read IN FULL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">