• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non-competent clause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bujee

Hello,

I live and work in CA. I have signed a non-competent agreement
with my employer 3 years back in Pensylvania that I should not provide a service to the client where I am doing consulting currently thru my employer for the period of 1 year after I leave the the employer. I found some articles that under CA law non-competent agreement is not legal and employers can not take any legal action against an employee if the contract is breached.
Is this true? I would appreciate you explanation on this.

Thanks in Asvance.

Bujee

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My understanding is that California law does not permit non-compete agreements, which is what I assume you mean, but I don't have details. Pennsylvania, however, does permit them. Perhaps one of the lawyers can suggest how the interworking jurisdictions would affect the validity of the agreement.

HomeGuru

bujee said:
Hello,

I live and work in CA. I have signed a non-competent agreement
with my employer 3 years back in Pensylvania that I should not provide a service to the client where I am doing consulting currently thru my employer for the period of 1 year after I leave the the employer. I found some articles that under CA law non-competent agreement is not legal and employers can not take any legal action against an employee if the contract is breached.
Is this true? I would appreciate you explanation on this.

Thanks in Asvance.

Bujee
My response: all the non-competent agreements that I have had to defend stood up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">