• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-competes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

htj

I was recently told that my salaried position was going to straight commission. Of course, I decided to leave. However, before I could get my last paycheck, my former employer made me sign a non-compete assuring me that it was policy and that he would be happy to sign a release if I went to work with someone who would not compete directly.

Now, the plot thickens...The industry is unique and there are very few other jobs for which I can qualify. He has now decided not to sign my release. What recourse do I have? Can a non-compete keep me from getting the job which I have recently been offered?

Please help. I am running out of time and money and the family needs to eat.

H

htj

Non-compete

By the way, I live in Alabama and cannot seem to find any e-sources for this type of legal question

T

tamwham2

non compete

non compete agreements can be tricky, they can be week if it is in a specialized industry. ( so i have been told )that person may not be able to get a job anywhere else

i am not an attorney, just exsper.

thanks,

tamham

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">