• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-payment of wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Ted Gibbs

I was working for "Company A" in Cleveland, OH.. "Company A" closed down and returned to Company A's supposed headquarters city, Pittsburgh, PA. "Company A" left town without paying me some 6 weeks in wages and commissions. "Company A" supposedly has a "Parent Company", located in Wisconsin. Where and who do I start going after to receive owed wages and commissions? Cleveland, OH., Ohio State, Pittsburgh, PA., PA State., Wisconsin. In what court. The total amount is less than a
thousand dollars, so the cost of an attorney would be prohibitive. These people have been putting me off, hanging up, etc..

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

At this point, go to the corporate headquarters. Bring all paperwork with you and start from there.

Then check each state law: all three states to figure out length of time employer has before they must pay last paycheck. Usually not more than 10 or 14 days. Here is the freeadvice.com site to start with:

https://law.freeadvice.com/resources/statecodes.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">