• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-rehirable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Godfrey20

What is the name of your state?
Colorado.
I lived in Honolulu for seven years while attending high school and college. I then moved to Colorado to attend a differnt college. While in Honolulu I worked for Blockbuter Video, with the intention of transfering to Colorado and working at one close to my house there. I was never disciplined while working at the store and volentarially quit in August, when I planned to move. I arrived in Denver, began appling for jobs andd discovered I was non rehireable. I called my former manager and asked why, she said her boss must have changed it and to call her in a few days for an explanation. When I called I was told the an questionaire that I filled out after a trainig session in April was recieved in an anti-coperate tone. I filled out the questions regarding instruction and ideas very sarcastically. I was never warned about this or even disciplined on it or any other activities. I was told that because of this and my constant disagreement with policies, even though carried out in a professional manner, was the reason I am un rehirable in Colorado blockbusters.

I wonder if this is fishy as my boss and I were not great acquantices. Is this defamation of charactor, slander or any other form of violation against worker's protection laws?
Thank You!

HomeGuru

Godfrey20 said:
What is the name of your state?
Colorado.
I lived in Honolulu for seven years while attending high school and college. I then moved to Colorado to attend a differnt college. While in Honolulu I worked for Blockbuter Video, with the intention of transfering to Colorado and working at one close to my house there. I was never disciplined while working at the store and volentarially quit in August, when I planned to move. I arrived in Denver, began appling for jobs andd discovered I was non rehireable. I called my former manager and asked why, she said her boss must have changed it and to call her in a few days for an explanation. When I called I was told the an questionaire that I filled out after a trainig session in April was recieved in an anti-coperate tone. I filled out the questions regarding instruction and ideas very sarcastically. I was never warned about this or even disciplined on it or any other activities. I was told that because of this and my constant disagreement with policies, even though carried out in a professional manner, was the reason I am un rehirable in Colorado blockbusters.

I wonder if this is fishy as my boss and I were not great acquantices. Is this defamation of charactor, slander or any other form of violation against worker's protection laws?
Thank You!
**A: There is no Blockbuter Video store in Hawaii.

Last edited:
G

Godfrey20

What do you mean ther is no Blockbuster Entertaiment in Hawaii, there is over 15 stores located in Hawaii, that is aludacris statement. Please respond with useful information. Thank You!

HomeGuru

Godfrey20 said:
What do you mean ther is no Blockbuster Entertaiment in Hawaii, there is over 15 stores located in Hawaii, that is aludacris statement. Please respond with useful information. Thank You!
**A: in addition to being a terrible speller..........oh, that's ok.
I just can not fathom someone that graduated from high school and is currently attending college, still can not spell correctly.

G

Godfrey20

I enjoy your wit and find it enlightening. True I am not Webster's second cousin nor can I outspell a third grader at National championships,a spelling bee provided you haven't caught on. Yet what I lack in dictorial ablities I make up for in arousing logic. You might believe that in Hawaii we have nothing other than grass shacks, surfboards and ukeleles yet such is not the case. Honolulu is a large metro populated by over a million inhabitants and large industries, all be them in grand finacial troubles, make residence in said city.

Please continue your wit, as I find it lighthearted and assume it to be a lighthearted attempt to make me fell all that much more humorious at my situation. Take note and great sucess that I am not a major in English, but am a professional pilot, and as I will have trouble spelling your destination city, I will have no trouble flying multi-million dollar aircraft to said location. Thank You, and continue the favor.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To answer your question, Godfrey, this is neither defamation nor slander; it is not a violation of any employment or labor laws. Nothing whatsoever in the law requires an employer to rehire you just because you want them to. They are free to determine who is rehireable and who isn't.

HomeGuru

Godfrey20 said:
Honolulu is a large metro populated by over a million inhabitants

**A: wrong again. Honolulu has never had over a million people identified by the census bureau as permanent residents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">