• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non Rehire Code - Sears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nature12!@

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I applied at Sears and had a job interview at the interview the manager wanted a decision right away I felt pressured and I accepted the position and filled out the paper work. Later that day I thought about the position and called to decline the position at the present time. From then on I have been unable to apply at Sears/Kmart or other subsidaries. Had I known I would have been flagged not hireable I would have accepted the position and not have declined it. It there any way I can lift that nonrehire status from Sears and subsidaries? Since I have not originally worked there?

Current Occupation: Customer Service
Which Employer: Job Applicant / Not Hired
Length of Employment: Never

ShyCat

Nope. Sears is allowed to decide for themselves that they won't waste time considering you for any positions. Ignorance of the ramifications of your actions does not give you an automatic "do-over" in life.

Nature12!@

What if there was a family medical issue at the time I declined the position my mom had terminal breast cancer and I had to take care of her and she ended up dying 6 months later? If I submit a doctors note and proof of my moms death could I get the nonrehire code off? I don't want to apply there again I just want that code off. Plus there interview process was kind of weird even the HR employee could not answer all of my questions and had to refer me to the HR phone number.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The ONLY way you are going to get the no-rehire code off is if Sears CHOOSES to remove it. The law is NOT going to require them to remove it no matter WHAT your situation was.

There are NO laws anywhere in the US addressing no-rehire codes. The law does not care one whit whether you or any other employee has a no-rehire code next to your name or not. It is completely, totally and 100% up to the employer.

This is between you and Sears, and Sears is holding all the cards. Get over it and move on.

xylene

Lets rephrase without the nevers

There are no circumstances where Sears would be legally required to hire or to consider hiring you.
Better put:

Poster, you have not described any circumstances, where the the Sears/Kmart corporation and / or its subsidiaries would even remotely be required to hire or consider hiring you.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
What if there was a family medical issue at the time I declined the position my mom had terminal breast cancer and I had to take care of her and she ended up dying 6 months later? If I submit a doctors note and proof of my moms death could I get the nonrehire code off? I don't want to apply there again I just want that code off. Plus there interview process was kind of weird even the HR employee could not answer all of my questions and had to refer me to the HR phone number.

They have the right to create a system by which they identify people who are not elligible for hire, and the right to classify you within that system, whether you agree with that classification or not. As long as that classification is not based on one of several specific protected characteristics, it's a company policy issue, not a legal issue, and you have no recourse.

If you don't want to apply there again it has no bearing on you anyway.

LeeHarveyBlotto

Better put:

Poster, you have not described any circumstances, where the the Sears/Kmart corporation and / or its subsidiaries would even remotely be required to hire or consider hiring you.
Better put if one ignores the appalling punctuation and grammatical errors. Is English your first language?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Personally, I cannot imagine a set of circumstance where Sears WOULD be required by law to remove the no-rehire code.

ecmst12

Sentence was awkwardly worded, but I wouldn't call it "appalling". And I never would have guessed that English wasn't your first language from your posts here, Xylene.

Antigone*

Sentence was awkwardly worded, but I wouldn't call it "appalling". And I never would have guessed that English wasn't your first language from your posts here, Xylene.
I agree:)

Believe me, we have seen appauling ~ nothing in this thread even came close.:cool:

Silverplum

I agree on both points.

There's absolutely no reason to attempt to berate Xylene on his writing skills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">