• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-Sexual Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am the Public Works Director for a small town in central Florida. We have a city manager who is elected. Most towns now hire their City Managers. He is my direct supervisor and he answers only to the city council. Here's my problem: He has said that he WILL make sure I am fired before his term is over. He is out as of Jan. Not seeking re-election. The environment is so horrible that I have had to go to the doctor for my stress and nerves and have spoken to a lawyer. He said wait till I am actually fired then hire a lawyer. That's no good. This guy is a viscious man who thrives on chaos. He has made it his mission to destroy me and 25 years in the business. I am a professional and do my job well. Also, there is no paper trail to say that i am not a good employee. I have great recommendations and good reviews and rarely miss a day. It is common knowledge that he is outto GET me and has even gone to the people I supervise and told them that I am a racist. Nothing could be farther from the truth. He has done everything he can to turn people against me. Do I have any recourse. I am ready for the nut house and don't know how much longer I can take this. The pressure at work is killing my mind and spirit. HELP!!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

READ ALL OF EMPLOYMENT LABOR LAW, ESPECIALLY ABOUT FIRING AND HARASSMENT. go to the freeadvice.com homepage and at the top click on state statutes. Click on florida and research for laws on recording conversations to see if you could record these interactions without his permission. Get all of your paperwork (good reviews, etc) and keep them in a safe place. If he tells people this: are they willing to testify for you or at least get written affadavits, notarized?

You have the following claims: possible constructive termination, defamation (slander) and intentional infliction of emotional distress. If you could prove the last, your medical bills will be covered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">