• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noncompete Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buckeyeJune

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was seperated from my company yesterday and was advised not to contact any clients because they said I signed a non-compete agreement.

I have no recollection of signing such an agreement and would like to obtain a copy as proof from my former employer. If I request a copy of the agreement, is the employer obligated to provide this to me?

Many thanks!

HomeGuru

buckeyeJune said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was seperated from my company yesterday and was advised not to contact any clients because they said I signed a non-compete agreement.

I have no recollection of signing such an agreement and would like to obtain a copy as proof from my former employer. If I request a copy of the agreement, is the employer obligated to provide this to me?

Many thanks!

**A: how good is your memory?

Sockeye

Pay a lawyer $200 to send a letter asking for the copy of the agreement, if a verification of the agreement is not provided within a reasonalble time frame then the issue will be considered null and void.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">