• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Noncompete Agreements Vs. Termination???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mochie

I was made to sign a Non-compete with a new employer in the State of FL. The position was 100% Commision. After I build up a nice client base and my money finally started rolling in, my boss PHONED me to tell me "I was not a good fit" thus...I was FIRED!

Upon returning to the office to pick up my belongings, I discovered they had CONFISCATED all my client contact information etc...inlcuding thosed owned by me PRIOR to working for this company. I was THEN told I could not work these client's PER MY NON-COMPETE for 1 year!

Can they do this! Is the NON-Compete still valid? I was fired - I did not quit! I find it hard to believe that an employer can use you to build up a client base- and then FIRE you without cause/well...the cause was they wanted 100% of my commisions I had just landed!

What can I do legally?

Help!!!!!

Please help me!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">