• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not allowed to submit application for employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sismillion

The state is California.
my former employer is still discriminating against me.

I signed an agreement that I would not submit my resume/application for
future employment UNLESS (key word) I get permission from an H R executive.

I have asked (several times) to be allowed to submit my resume/application and
I have not been allowed to do so.

I reported the former employer for discrimination, but I am being
discriminated against and prevented from applying.

Can the former employer forever ban me from submitting my resume/application? :mad:

K

krispenstpeter

Yep. So, what part of "we don't want you" don't you understand?

Beth3

Sismillion, you just are not getting it.

The agreement you signed said you cannot apply for work with this company UNLESS you get permission from an HR Executive. The agreement in NO WAY obligates them to EVER give you permission and obviously they never will. That is NOT discrimination. I can't imagine why you keep wasting your time.

Yes, the former empoyer may FOREVER refuse to give you permission to submit your resume. Give it up.

S

Sismillion

keep your snide remarks to yourself

it's DISCRIMINATION when a race of people are allowed to pick and chose what race they will hire. If I were a GREEN martian with qualified skills I should be allowed to apply.
WHY ELSE WOULD THEY WANT TO PAY ME OFF??? I COULD MAKE A BIG DEAL AND GO TO THE MEDIA. But, it's not worth it. I could have held off for more money and made some lawyer wealthy.
They showed me and right before the World Series; I'LL SHOW THEM.

K

krispenstpeter

Well WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Grow the hell up jerk. They don't want you and we sure as hell don't want you ...so now where are you going?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So, where in the agreement does it say that they are required to give you permission when you ask?

Would YOU hire someone back who sued you? Who was right and who was wrong is immaterial at this point; it's not because of your race any more, it's because YOU SUED THEM! Why in heaven's name SHOULD they let you apply again?

And even if they did allow you to APPLY for employment, that does NOT mean that they are required to actually hire you.

Give it up. You have no case.

Beth3

"it's DISCRIMINATION when a race of people are allowed to pick and chose what race they will hire."

Yes it is. But they're not eliminating hiring a race of people. They're simply refusing to hire YOU. Get over it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">