• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not being Promoted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Prophet

I work in the Federal Government.

I have a person who is white duties assigned to me and I did not receive a promotion.

The person was hired at a hire grade level and promoted during these duties, however, her performance wasn't great.

I have received nothing but outstanding reviews for the duties that she used to do and yet, I am not being promoted.

I only received one lie after another and the latest comment from my team leader is, I have to learn how to kiss my director's butt and if she is not in a good mood, I will not be promoted.

Well, this tug of war has being going on for 3 years now and I didn't want to leave and have another black person experience this same treatment.

The sad part the director and my team leader are both black. This is doubling sickening and I wouldn't be promoted out of favoritism, but from performance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">