• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To be or not to be EXEMPT from OT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

D225

What is the name of your state?
Southern California

I am a manager of restaurant, I just moved here from Northern California I have been with this owner for ten months now. When hired I was given a restaurant to run, I was told that I would be responsible for running the day to day activities of the restaurant, my job tile is General Manager and as a General Manager I was in charge of hire, firing, promoting employees to a management positions, doing the entire work schedule for the restaurant, placing food orders to restock the restaurant, projecting sales forecasts and so on. I was told that this was a salaried position, and I was expected to work a minimum of 50 hour. Not bad, that’s what I did in my other job.
The only difference is I spend more time doing the cooking the cleaning the sweeping and mopping, all due to one very tight labor budget I mean very tight budget and to make this budget I am now working 65 to 70 hours a week mostly doing the cooking and cleaning and so on.
I now end up taking my work home. Now I do my crew schedule and merit reviews, sales forecasting and do employee interviews on my days off. In my other job I was told not to do employee work, I was told to go out into my community to setup school fundraisers and so on to bring in more business. They gave me a nice budget to work with.
All I can say is, I put in 130- 140 hours every pay period and I get paid the same. Why? Is this right? I feel like Cinderella. Is there a fairy godmother or father out there that can make sense of my situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">