• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not getting breaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thirdcoma

i work as a server in tucson, az in a 24 hour restaurant. i work graveyard shift and the only other employee is the cook. the company deducts 1/2 hour fromw each day worked for breaks. since i am the only server on, there is no one to relieve me so i can take a break. my manager tells me they can do this because it isn't that busy and i go in the back and sit down once in a while and it will add up to 30 mins. is this legal?

L

loku

No breaks

If you have a problem involving break time, you may wish to contact the nearest office to you of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment Standards Administration (ESA), Wage and Hour Division, which administers federal laws related to break time. If your employer is violating your rights, they will handle this for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">